Ten interesting facts about Ashwagandha
Surely you have heard of Ayurveda, an alternative medicine from India; this system seeks to maintain stability between the body, mind, and spirit.
Ayurveda proposes that changing daily habits can prevent diseases or cure those already in our bodies. To this end, professionals in this science focus their work on treating the person and not fighting the disease.
People can restore this balance through yoga, meditation, special diets, and medicinal herbs. Thanks to modernity, it is possible to find Aryuvedic medicine products in any nutrition store.
Among the most popular products is Ashwagandha, which, thanks to the many benefits it offers, is one of the favorites of those who want to deal with problems such as stress, without resorting to traditional medicine.
This plant is famous in India for calming the mind and enhancing the properties of the reproductive system. Thanks to these benefits, it helps to have a healthier, longer, and more rejuvenated life.
Its scientific name is Withania Somnifera, and it has also been related to benefits in physical health, collaborating in muscle growth and fat loss when combined with exercise.
Facts about Ashwagandha
If you are reading this, you are interested in knowing more about this supplement, so that I will tell you ten facts about this herb.
1. The translation of Ashwagandha into English is "horse breath" and refers to the benefits it provides for the sexual strength of men.
2. It contributes to the lowering of cortisol in the brain and allows to reach the REM stage of sleep where there is more rest, thus reducing stress.
3. You can get it at your favorite nutrition store in the form of capsules, chewable gums, or powder. It is also an ingredient in hair care products in some cases.
4. Pregnant people should not use it as it has properties that, in some cases, can induce abortions.
5. According to an essay in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, Ashwagandha impacts muscle gain and body fat loss.
6. If you suffer from any thyroid disorder and receive treatment, you should not take this supplement since it causes an increase in the production of thyroid hormone.
7. Patients with diseases such as arthritis greatly benefit from its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
8. It is an adaptogen, meaning that its primary function focus on reducing stress and anxiety. It helps lessen the effects of depression.
9. The Ayurveda medicine uses this plant to increase hemoglobin and treat anemia patients.
10. Ashwagandha has antioxidant properties that protect brain cells, allowing good oxygenation and thus slowing down the aging processes that affect it.
Be sure to consult your doctor before consuming this product since it has adverse effects combined with some medications, or if people with autoimmune diseases consume it.
Remember that this type of medicine should complement traditional medicine. Do not leave your health aside, and enjoy the benefits that this plant can offer you.